Saturday, August 8, 2009

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything! Tell God what you need and thank him for all that he has done.
Philippians 4:6

This scripture has been on my heart for quite some time! It seems like I need to refer to it daily lately. I am not usually prone to worry but lately it seems that every time I turn a corner there is something in front of me that causes stress..... Perhaps this is another of God's gentle reminders that I am not surrendering everything and if I don't I will continue to live with this nagging feeling!! I know that this is the result of selfish pride..... we are never stronger than God and we can never get better results than God, so why I wonder do I sometimes go down this path, knowing exactly where it leads.

I do however treasure the fact that each time I weather one of these insane seasons in my life God rewards me with the reminder that Anything is possible with God on my side!!! I know that each time we have been in need He has provided for our family above and beyond what we needed, so why then do I still have these times of doubt. Wouldn't it just be easier to have faith that God will step in at just the right time and everything will be as it should be!!!! Yes!! of course it would, but sometimes I am like the Israelites, walking around in the desert with the manna falling from the sky and still not seeing the miracle in front of me!

Anyway..... enough of that! We will be starting our learning year again next week! I am excited but do not have everything that I wanted to begin the year with. Perhaps God is leading me in a different direction? Perhaps my curriculum choices do not follow His plan for our year. It sounds like my husband and I need to pray for guidance.

Night Night and much Love
Until next time....


1 comment:

Love Abounds At Home said...

I so needed that scripture. You have blessed me more than you know on today! I'm standing on the Word of God :)